Round One 15/5 - 29/5/15 now closed:
The incredible Laura Blythman gifted her Audrey Bear print in a huge A2 size to Round One winner Melissa Barratt. Valued at $175, this print is going to look gorgeous in Melissa's children's room (see the winning room here).
Round Two 30/5 - 12/6/15:Round Two will be co-judged by the lovely Megan Butler from Australian children's furniture design store and label Lily and Lolly. Megan is gifting this amazing timber Pinocchio Hat Stand valued at $499!!
Snap a shot of your own child's room (up to age 14), post to Instagram (public accounts only), and tag with #AustralianKidsRooms and #BondvilleBlog. Make sure you tag and follow me (@sbond) and the co-judge (from 30/5 - 12/6/15 tag and follow co-judge Megan Butler @lilly_and_lolly), so we can see your entries.
I will be showcasing lots of the entries on Instagram and the winners on Bondville over the eight week period and am looking for a space that's interesting but practical with plenty of heart and soul. Whether you love monochrome, pastels, florals, traditional styles, contemporary looks, trend-driven, quirky, boho, minimalist or classic, nurseries, toddler rooms, preschoolers, tweens, teens... we would love to see them all.
If you don't win the first round, never fear; you can re-tag your entries with each relevant co-judge in every round of the competition, giving you four chances to win!
- Original work only please - take a shot of your own child's room.
- The quality of the image is going to be really important; try to use natural light where possible. You might like to take a number of photos throughout the day to capture the room with its best light. Photos do not need to be taken with your mobile phone. We won't tell if you take an image with your digital camera and upload to IG.
- Tell us a story. Sometimes the sentiment behind a piece can bring a room alive.
- Keep it real. Styled shots are beautiful, but we will be looking for a room that is practical too (low-hanging pendant lights and garlands on cots don't mix well with babies and toddlers).
- Your child's room doesn't have to be 'perfect' and certainly doesn't need all the latest cool art/toys/bedding. We are looking for inspiring and interesting rooms with a bit of heart and soul.
- Wide-angle captures will be judged. You are most welcome to submit any photo of your child's room - vignettes, bed-only, shelvies and other corners of your child's room are all welcome, but the wide-angle captures showing a good percentage of the room will be the images that are judged for the prize.
- Post in competition window.You can be sneaky and use an old photo but please re-post only during the competition time frame.
Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions,
Terms and Conditions1. This is a game of skill. Entry via Instagram with an image of your child's room. The winner will be awarded based on the most inspiring and interesting room posted on Instagram using the hashtags #AustralianKidsRooms and #BondvilleBlog and tagging @sbond and the co-judge during the competition time frame.
2. Multiple entries per person permitted.
3. Entrants must follow on Instagram @sbond and the co-judge for that round.
4. The winner of the giveaway will be chosen by Steph Bond-Hutkin and a co-judge every two weeks based on the most interesting and original room photo.
5. This giveaway is open to all Instagram account holders in Australia (public account only).
6. This giveaway is hosted by Steph Bond-Hutkin via the Bondville blog at blog.stephbond.com and on Instagram at instagram.com/sbond
7. There are two prizes which will be awarded every two weeks for 4 weeks. The prize for Week 2 consists of one A2 Audrey Bear print unframed valued at $175.00 plus postage, by Laura Blythman. The prize for Week 4 consists of one classic Pinocchio Hat Stand in American Ash valued at $499.00, from Lilly & Lolly.
8. The competition opens on Friday 15th May and closes midnight on Friday 12th June 2015.
9. The second round competition winner will be announced on Bondville on Saturday 13th June 2015 and notified by Instagram messenger and/or email (if provided). If no reply by midnight 14th May, a runner-up will be chosen to receive the prize. Winner's name and address will be sent to Lilly & Lolly 14th June 2015 to dispatch the prize. The first round competition winner was announced on Saturday 30th May 2015.
10. Entrants agree to allow their submitted photos to be shared via the Bondville blog and the Bondville Instagram account.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram.
Image credits clockwise from top left: Danielle Trovato, Bo Ho Jo, Roberta Easton, Happy As Larry Designs, Sunday Collector, Maisy Dee, Kelly Ivens, Bondville, Stacey Poulton, Milk & Honey Photography