Happy Australia Day weekend! I like to think that every day is Australia Day here on Bondville - uncovering and sharing Australian designers and real Australian parties and kids' rooms. So what to share on a whole weekend dedicated to Australiana? This year it's an Australian icon that's close to my heart (however much it hurts my ears at some ridiculous hour of the morning). Here are some great Sulpher Crested Cockatoo designs that would add a dose of fun to a young (or big!) person's room:
1. Gough cushion from Martinich&Carran, $180.00.
2. Cocky1 cushion in black with zigzag trip from Bonnie and Neil, $145.00
3. Cockatoo pencil case by Lumbi from Antipodean Love, $14.95
4. Cockatoo lamp from MOZI, $450.00
5. Little Circus cockatoo print from Madeleine Stamer, $50.00
6. Florence Broadhurst outdoor cushion in cockatoos - yellow from Signature Prints, $79.95
7. Cockatoo canvas by Wallstudio from Down That Little Lane, $89.00
8. Geometrical cockatoo print from The Printpress Studio, $18.00
I've loved the MOZI cockatoo lamp for years - the kitschy-cool looks will never go out of style. Bonnie and Neil have been championing Australian birds on their homewares for a number of years - add instant personality with their cocky cushion. My favourite might just be the geo-crested cockatoo art print from Brisbane's The Printpress Studio - graphic and fun; my kids would love it.