Caroline and Mindi from Dandi share their tips and tricks for styling this gorgeous baby shower below. AND there's a super-easy tutorial to make the gorgeous doilie bunting garland. Enjoy!
Party: Leezar's Baby Shower
Organised by: Caroline & Mindi from Dandi
Location: Sydney, NSW
Food: It was a brunch, we had a delicious mini quiches, smoked salmon and corn fritters with horseradish cream, tomato and ricotta tart.
Dandi Doilie Berry tablecloth with all our vintage treasures to adorn the table. We used really colourful decorative plates - the red picked up the doilie tablecloth and the yellow in the pattern matched our old tea set beautifully.We created paper tea bag pouches from Dandi Free Printables and placed these on the table. We played on the vintage doilie theme and created a garland from paper doilies (tutorial below) and strung it up along the window. We also used doilies to wrap around the old pickle jars for the flowers. A row of vintage bottles were placed on the window ledge with white flowers. A bit of repetition goes a long way in decorating. We tried to keep our styling details (ribbons, paper doilies, string and paper crafts) to a red and white to match the tablecloth.
- Iron the tablecloth and set the table the day before, only leave the cooking until the day of the event. This ensures you get to not only host the event but enjoy it too.
- Keep it intimate - a small group means you get to have lots of quality time with your VIP guest and lots of tummy rubs.
DIY DOILIE GARLAND TUTORIAL
Here's a fun and easy tutorial from Caroline and Mindi at Dandi to make a sweet doilie garland for any occasion.
- 16 paper doilies (depending on size)
- 4 metres of ribbon
1. Fold the doilies in half, and cut along the centre crease.
2. Glue the straight edge of the paper doilie
3. Attach the glued edge to the ribbon
4. Repeat with the remaining doilies leaving 5 to 10cm centimetres between each one.
5. You're done!
Thank you Dandi for sharing this gorgeous baby shower and bunting tutorial! How gorgeous for a child's room too.