Party: Zoe's 4th birthday
Organised by: Mum Thetis Sardo (Sooti Event Styling & Design)
Location: Local community hall, Melbourne, VIC
Theme: Modern circus party
Invitation and Party Printables: Ham & Pea
Cake: The cake was kept simple, with the topper handmade by Studio Cake to match one of the animal stacking dolls.
Party food: The lion cookies and cupcakes were a huge hit amongst the kids. Like any good circus, we also had popcorn.
Decorations: I lined up the kid-sized tables in a row with super cute clear ghost chairs hired from Little Chair. I set the party table with white table linen, black and white spot plates, mixed stripey straws, clown noses, spray painted animals and party hats (of course!). Decorations were kept minimal with spray painted animals and a few animal stacking dolls. We had both giant decorative balloons and tissue honeycomb balls strewn around the hall. We topped it off with a little white cart filled with fairy floss, and the kids' favour bags filled with little treats. All of the items were DIY and made by myself, including the party hats. It was definitely a labour of love.
Birthday Girl Wears: Country Road Kids
Games/activities: The kids enjoyed one of the most amazing face painters, Lilly’s Face Painting in Melbourne. She was amazing; great with kids and painted almost all of them with the funkiest designs. We also had a roaming clown come along and entertain the kids.
Tips: Make sure the venue you allows you plenty of time to set up. I was lucky enough to go in the night before and all I had to do in the morning was get everyone ready.
Something special: We had a photobooth for the kids to enjoy and they loved it. We had fun and silly items like a tiger mask, silly hats and bow ties, as well as giant sunglasses and feather scarfs for the kids. It was a real hit.
Thank you so much Thetis for sharing such a special party for Zoe. I scouted around online for some goodies inspired by this modern circus party to create your own:
1. Round helium balloon and balloon tail from Blush Loves Mint
2. White cake stand from Pink Frosting
3. Black stripe baking cups from Pink Frosting
4. Jungle animal masks from Pink Frosting
5. Yellow party hats from Pink Frosting
6. Black spots baking cups from Paper Eskimo
7. Magenta plastic party cups from Pink Frosting
8. Black tie party bags from Paper Eskimo
9. Purple napkins from Pink Frosting
10. Pink glitter bowler hat from Party Place
11. Black stripe paper straws from Pink Frosting
12. OMM Design animal nesting dolls from Made590
Steph Bond-Hutkin | Bondville