Happy Australia Day! Of course every day is Australia Day here on Bondville where every product featured is designed in Australia or by Australians overseas. I'm particularly excited when Australian designers embrace our unique landscape, flora and fauna, incorporating some of our indigenous shapes, textures and colours to create a new "modern Australiana".
Local jewellery designers Polli have just launched a new Australiana collection that I am utterly in love with, and will be sharing with you in more detail in the next week, but for now, my favourite pieces are the Banksia earrings that are oh-so-chic.
And in the spirit of supporting our own authentic style, I've been inspired by
these earrings to pull together a few other Australian designers
embracing Australiana in a new, modern way that is stylish and never
kitsch (although I love a bit of that too).
Banksia beding by Cloth Fabric
2. Kookaburra cushion by Bonnie & Neil
3. Rosella cushion by Cumulus Living
4. Banksia rug by Cloth Fabric
5. Kookaburra tea towel by Bonnie & Neil
6. Native flowers tea towel by Laughing Bird Designs
7. Gum leaf wallpaper by Catherine Martin
8. Cockatoo cushion by Bonnie & Neil
9. Cockatoo lamp by MOZI
10. Banksia lamp shade by Cloth Fabric
11. Bilby print by Renee Treml at Udessi
12. Gum leaf table cloth by Dandi
13. Grevillea cushion by Ink & Spindle
You might also like to check out Saffron Craig who has some gorgeous wombat, kookaburra and banksia fabric designs, the great lifestyle textiles products at Utopia Goods, and the Brown Trading Co. which has beautiful, vibrant cockatoo silhouettes in blue, green and pink.
Go ahead and embrace a little modern Australiana into your home - and send some to your overseas friends and family too. We need to be proud of our unique environment. Happy Australia Day!